Saturday, June 18, 2011

EDLD 5399: The Value of Reflection

     Reflection is an essential skill need for continued growth on our leadership journey.  Examining how and why we dealt with different situations allows you to make course corrections.  Similar situations will arise and we want to be able to handle them with greater confidence.  We all want to do things the right way that is the most beneficial for students and our schools.
     Being able to reflect on the many things we have done in this superintendent program has enabled us to see the tremendous growth we have achieved since October.  I know I have gained much more knowledge and learned many more skills than I had thought.  Reflecting help bring to light the amount of learning that has taken place. 
     Reflecting is not something that should be done only in our work environment, but should be utilized throughout our lives both personally and professionally.  It is a great skill that will help us everyday.  I believe we all have used reflection in some way or another.  We may not have used the term reflection or written our thoughts and feelings down all the time, but doing so in this program has reinforced the value of  reflection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment